The Phillies haven't been so great on the road recently, but they'll have a chance to take three of four at Dodger Stadium with Kyle Kendrick on the mound tonight.
The Phillies are just 14-30 in their last 44 road games. They had a chance to win Wednesday night in Cole Hamels' season debut, but Zack Greinke was just too good (and the bullpen was what we've come to expect it to be).
They still have a chance to win their second road series of the year tonight, but it won't be easy against Dan Haren (3-0, 2.16).
The former three-time All-Star is off to a super start, with 20 strikeouts and just two walks in 25 innings.
A win tonight would give the Phillies a realistic chance to finish their road trip 6-4 -- if they can also take two of three over the weekend in Arizona. That seemed extremely unrealistic after they dropped the first pair of games at Coors Field.
• Dan Haren is 1-4 with a 5.09 ERA in eight lifetime starts against the Phils.
• Ryan Howard is 8 for 17 with seven RBIs in his last four games.
• Key matchups for Haren: Marlon Byrd (10 for 21, 2 HR), Ryan Howard (3 for 11, 2 HR)
• Key matchups for Kendrick: Yasiel Puig (5 for 6), Andre Ethier (6 for 22, 2 HR)
• Kendrick has made 11 straight starts without earning the win.