Right now, that's certainly true for the Phillies.
After a six-game road swing in which they had to scratch and claw to take two out of three from the lowly Marlins before being swept by the Reds, the Phillies return to Citizens Bank Park for an eight-game homestand, starting with the Cardinals (see story).
And it couldn't come at a better time.
Here are some mind-boggling numbers from the Phillies' road trip:
• Over the six games, the Phillies hit .205 and scored just 10 runs
• To close the trip, the Phillies were held scoreless in 24 of their final 27 innings
• The Phillies struck out 24 times and did not record a single walk in the series vs. the Reds
• The Phillies went 8 for 39 (.205) with runners in scoring position
• Ben Revere went 4 for 24 (.167). His current numbers: .194 AVG., .242 OBP., 11 Ks, 4 BBs
Here are the probable pitching matchups for the Phillies’ four-game set with the Cardinals:
Thursday night – LHP Cole Hamels (0-2, 7.56) vs. RHP Adam Wainwright (2-1, 2.05)
Friday night – RHP Roy Halladay (1-2, 7.63) vs. LHP Jaime Garcia (1-0, 1.86)
Saturday night – LHP Cliff Lee (2-0, 1.52) vs. RHP Lance Lynn (2-0, 5.40)
Sunday night – RHP Kyle Kendrick (1-1, 3.38) vs. RHP Jake Westbrook (1-1, 0.00)