Updates on the Phillies' first three selections in the June draft and other news down on the farm.
- Right-hander Shane Watson, who was taken with the Phillies' first pick (40th overall) has been eased into four games (5 IP) with the Gulf Coast League (GCL) Phillies and has allowed just two hits while striking out seven. Right-hander Mitch Gueller (GCL) is 1-4 with a 4.88 ERA in 7 games (24 2-3 IP). Outfielder Dylan Cozens, who was taken in the second round, belted his fifth home run this afternoon. He's hitting .258/.349/.444 and has three home runs in his last seven games.
- Rookie ball shortstops then and now: Jimmy Rollins in 1996: 46 games, 20 errors. Roman Quinn in 2012 for Williamsport: 50 games, 22 errors.
- Per Phuture Phillies, Scott Elarton has not won a game in three months and is 0-10 with a 7.19 ERA in his last 17 starts.
- Right-hander Ethan Martin, who was acquired in the Shane Victorino deal, is a perfect 4-0 with a 1.48 ERA in four starts with Reading.
- Also per Phuture Phillies, Tyler Cloyd leads minor league baseball with 15 wins.
- The man who may be deemed the top prospect in the Phillies' system at the end of the season, catcher Tommy Joseph, is hitting .254/.347/.365 in 70 plate appearances with Reading. The 21-year-old catcher went 3-for-3 Monday night.
- J.C. Ramirez has not been scored upon in his last 10 2-3 innings (7 appearances) at Triple-A Lehigh Valley. He's on the 40-man roster and is an option for a September call-up.